Saturday, April 28, 2007

Saturday morning, non-food post.

I would post the lovely salad I made for dinner last night, but that plan never actually came through because I've been sick. I've just been sort of sleeping off and on, and never ended up eating anything for dinner last night (except for some Rice Divine ice cream which made my sore throat feel infinitely better.)

Today though I've been up to the Dane County Farmer's Market, where I ran into Erik's cousin Mark, and a host of other people I either happily waved "hi" to or ducked away from, disappearing into the crowds celebrating good weather, fresh food, and the Crazy Legs Classic Run/Walk.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I didn't take any pictures of the market itself. First off, it's early in the season, so most things being sold are seeds, seedlings, honey, cheese, organic beef, ostrich, bison, European red deer, pork, etc. I decided I'd rather not get my panties in a bunch on such a nice day by photographing the signs proclaiming their "humanely raised" "grass-fed" animal products. Another day. Maybe when it's rainy or something.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I had a nice leisurely walk home after the market. If anyone has a spare half-million they'd like to give me, I'd like one of those tin can-looking condos, please.

Check it out: Giant emu/ostrich sculpture on S. Paterson St. There are two of them, and I don't even reach their knees.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Jeff's out of town this weekend which makes cooking less fun, but later in the week I fully intend to make and veganize the recipes I just happened to catch on America's Test Kitchen for hot and sour soup, and stir-fry with noodle cake. We don't have cable, and barely get any reception, but I didn't decide on a DVD or anything quickly enough and got suckered into listening to PBS while I ate lunch. (lunch = leftover curry) It all sounded delish except for the pork and chicken and egg... but I can fix that.

No comments: