Saturday, June 02, 2007

Roman Candle Pizza

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


Last Friday Jeff and I took a walk. We were planning on just walking and leaving it at that, but bumped into some friends (Mark and Sarah) on their way to The Weary Traveler and invited us to join them. Jeff was hungrier than he thought, but when we go in there it was a little busy. We didn't want to interrupt our friends' date or make it harder for them to get a table, so we decided to head further down the street to Roman Candle Pizza.

Mark is an ex-vegan and gave us the suggestion to try the "fireworks sauce" with roma tomatoes, fresh basil, and walnuts. He was spot on. It's probably the tastiest combo I've ever had on a pizza. (And trust me, I've eaten a lot of pizza, vegan and non-vegan.)

I'd eaten the "Animal Lover" pizza before, but this was way better. Great fresh lemonade as well. Jeff wanted to go back for dinner a few nights later, but we hit up the Weary instead. I don't want to go to the same place twice in one week, it's just my silly neuroses coming out.

No comments: