Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Kavarna Vegetarian Coffeehouse

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

See that? That's my delicious lunch last Sunday at Kavarna in Green Bay, WI. I had the Mediterranean Burrito described by their menu as "a toasted pita with Kavarna's homemade hummus, baba ghanouge, and marinated roma tomatoes" with "fresh cucumbers, onions, and organic sunflower sprouts".

I wouldn't mind a second helping right now. I opted for the chips instead of the grapes as my side, but that was a good choice as I needed something with which to scoop up and devour the hummus oozing out the sides of the sandwich.

My beverage of choice on an unseasonably cold and rainy August day? Rosewater Lemonade. Yes, a hot soy latte might have been more fitting, but I wanted to try their lemonade. It was great. It smelled like my great-grandmother (and her rose-scented lotions) but tasted great. (My meal totaled $8.91 which was more than fair. The whole menu, in addition to being well labeled for vegans and others with allergies/sensitivities, was quite reasonable in that regard.)

I look forward to stopping in again the next time I'm up that way.

9 comments:

Drasch23 said...

I totally know what I am having the next time I am there.


Delish.

Anonymous said...

It looks delicious, I'm going to try it, thanks for sharing! Why don't more people talk about the food?!

Anonymous said...

Hey! Update your blog! I enjoy reading it! Also thanks again for the awesome book. I love it!

Anonymous said...

That looks amazingly appetizing!

b said...

Beautiful blogsite-love the pictures! Thank you for the great ideas-Thanks,Betty

Anonymous said...

Rather cool blog you've got here. Thank you for it. I like such themes and anything connected to this matter. BTW, try to add some images :).

buy salt and pepper shakers said...

Your lunch is look so healthy because of vegetables, but i don't think if it is delicious. buy salt and pepper shakers

Anonymous said...

Great post! I’m looking to make some changes in my own eating habits, so I appreciate your insight a lot! Thank you. I recently stumbled upon this blog like I did yours and I thought your readers may appreciate it: http://burisonthecouch.wordpress.com/2010/11/04/food-for-thought/

I’ve started to look for their stuff more regularly and I think I’m going to add your blog to my list as well. Thanks for the post!

-Amy

Luxury Hotel Services In London said...

Hi...
very useful blog..you have mention that very profitable message.i like it.i am really appreciate with your blog this is look like at cooking tutorial blog very nice great stuff.....
Thanks for sharing this info..


Cheap Family Holidays Hotel -

Family Hotel Apartments in UK